Hello #FutureBadgers! We at the Center for the First-Year Experience (CFYE) want to congratulate you on your decision to join the UW-Madison community. Before arriving on campus, however, you will make your new Badger status official at #UWSOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration). Whether you’re a freshman, transfer student, or international student; we’re here to help you during the transition to life at this university, while getting your first glimpses of campus life.
“SOAR was such an awesome time. Even though I was super nervous at first, finally getting on-campus and being with other first-year students made everything a little less scary,”- Darby Hoffman, Social Media Intern at the UW-Madison Center for the First-Year Experience.
Before coming to SOAR, we ask that all students do the following:
- Complete your placement tests.
- Review your reservation & confirmation letter.
- Pay your fee.
- Verify that you have completed all steps necessary for your admissions.
- Complete the Preparing for SOAR module in MyUW.
- Connect on social media! Find @uwnewstudent on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or use the #UWSOAR to get connected.
- A government-issued photo ID (passport, driver’s license, or state ID card)
- Your campus ID number
- Your Net ID and password
- A pen/ pencil
- Information on academics and scholarships that affect your course enrollment
- Documentation for AP/ IB tests
- Transcripts for past college classes
- The essentials (i.e. An umbrella, walking shoes, socks, comfortable attire, and a small snack)
- And above all else…an open mind
- Check in with SOAR staff members.
- Attend all activities to be sure you are able to enroll in courses & receive vital information.
- Be active and open to new ideas.