Welcome, incoming freshmen and transfer students, to the first ever #YouAtUW blogging contest hosted by the UW-Madison Center for the First-Year Experience (CFYE)!
If you are a first-year UW-Madison student with a knack for photography, videography, or writing, simply create a short video or written piece (accompanied by a photo) that tells us what you’re looking forward to in your first year at UW-Madison!
Four diverse representatives will be selected to have monthly content published on youatuw.com throughout the Fall 2016 semester. After completing the semester, students will then receive $250 for their work.
The #YouAtUW contest will motivate involvement on campus, encourage first-years to get out of their comfort zone, and create connections between students and with CFYE.
- Only freshmen and first-year transfer students are eligible to enter.
- No inappropriate content permitted (drinking, drug use, insulting the University or its affiliates, etc.).
- Work must be original and not previously published, plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Video submissions must be no longer than two minutes.
- Text & photo submissions must be one photo, accompanied by no more than a 500 word document.
- Winners will be notified and given their first prompt on June 1.
- Five posts (one each month, due June through December) must be submitted by their deadlines in order for students to receive their $250 stipend.
- Posts must respond to assigned prompts distributed by CFYE.
- These posts should create enthusiasm around first-year life and develop a community surrounding like-experiences as a first-year student.